A well-made, clean deck is something the whole family can enjoy. But a deck that is plagued by lichen, moss, algae, mold or mildew is nothing more than an expensive eyesore. Worse, these growths don’t only look bad–they can also damage your deck and make it slippery to walk on. Don’t throw away all the time, money and work you’ve put into having the perfect clean deck. Just apply Wet & Forget Outdoor to annihilate these ugly growths and get your deck ready for fun! Read on to find out how.
The Problem: Ugly Stains
Your deck is designed to withstand the weather, but no type of decking is completely impervious to the growths that can pop up on outdoor surfaces. These growths have evolved to be able to grow on many surfaces and under many conditions; lichen has been known to grow on glass, and has even been found in Antarctica! So whether your deck is wood, composite, metal or plastic, chances are good that you will have to deal with moss, lichen, algae, mold or mildew at some point.
Here are some facts about growths that can impact your deck:
- Moss is a fuzzy, green, carpet-like growth. It tends to like partially shaded areas with plenty of moisture. While moss may be pretty out in the forest, it doesn’t look so great on your clean deck. More importantly, moss’s root-like structures can cause pitting on the surface of wood or composite decking, permanently damaging the appearance of your deck.
- Lichen is a scaly growth that is made up of fungus and algae working as a team. It comes in a rainbow of colors, and can be very stubborn and difficult to remove. Like moss, lichen can damage the surface of many decks.
- “Mold and mildew“ are both words we use to talk about fungal growth. Mold and mildew grow in damp, shady areas. This growth smells bad, causes ugly discoloration, and can cause your deck to become dangerously slippery.
- Algae can be of the green or black variety. Green algae grows in shaded areas, while black algae can withstand bright sunlight. Both of these growths cause ugly stains on your deck, and green algae can be extremely slippery and dangerous to walk on.
The Solution: Wet & Forget Outdoor
Wet & Forget Outdoor defeats all of these ugly growths on your deck without the need for scrubbing, power washing or caustic chemicals. Just apply Wet & Forget Outdoor to free your deck from these nuisances, and keep them away for a year or more in most cases.
- To apply the Wet & Forget Outdoor concentrate, mix 1 part Wet & Forget Outdoor with 5 parts water in a pump-up garden sprayer. To apply the Wet & Forget Hose End, attach the bottle to your hose and connect the flat fan tip to the sprayer.
- Saturate the affected area with the solution when the area is dry and free of snow. Allow at least 4 to 5 hours’ drying time before the threat of precipitation. If you’re treating moss, be sure to soak the moss thoroughly to allow the solution to reach the root-like structures. For lichen, follow these special instructions.
- Relax, and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you!
Safe for Your Deck
Unlike power washing or caustic chemicals, Wet & Forget Outdoor works with the wind and rain to gently remove lichen, moss, algae, mold and mildew over time. This means that it is safe to use on all types of decking, including wood, composite, treated lumber, metal, vinyl, or painted or stained surfaces.
Not only is Wet & Forget Outdoor easy on your deck; it’s easy on you, too. You don’t have to do any scrubbing or scraping to get a beautifully clean deck, and you don’t have to deal with caustic chemicals such as bleach. And since Wet & Forget Outdoor keeps working over time, you don’t have to clean your deck again and again like you would with a power washer. Just spray and forget about it! Wet & Forget Outdoor prevents re-growth for a year or more in most cases, which means you will be firing up the grill while your neighbor power-washes his deck again. Break out of the cleaning cycle with Wet & Forget Outdoor!