Fall clean up is here! Now that it’s cooler outside you might be thinking about tackling a few projects around the outside of your home.
Fall is the perfect time to purchase Wet & Forget Outdoor and clean your wood deck.
Decks in the shade are prone to green and black growths. Moss, lichen, algae, mold or mildew on a deck can be a real chore to clean up but they don’t have to be.
Deck maintenance is a breeze with Wet & Forget Outdoor! There’s no power washing, no rinsing and no scrubbing!
Directions for Treating a Wood Deck with Wet & Forget Outdoor:
Simply dilute Wet & Forget Outdoor 5 parts water and 1 part Wet & Forget in a pump-up garden spray. For a large deck, connect the Wet & Forget Xtreme Reach™ Hose End product to your garden hose and attach the fan tip to apply to the entire deck in minutes.
Then spray the wood deck. That’s it!
There’s no rinsing or power washing required. Wet & Forget will work with the elements over the winter to clean up the deck so it’s ready for use next spring.
Wet & Forget Outdoor makes deck cleaning easy!
Not all growths are equal so we’ve provided a few tips and facts for each.
- Moss On Decks: If you are dealing with moss on a wood deck make sure you completely saturate the moss allowing the Wet & Forget Outdoor to soak through the moss to the wood deck. This will assure Wet & Forget treats the roots that have grabbed hold of the deck. After a few days or a week, you’ll start to see the moss browning up and detaching from the wood deck. The rain, snow, sun and wind will help wash away the moss over the next few months.
- Green Algae on Decks: If you have green algae on your wood deck you can expect the growth to be gone within a few weeks after applying Wet & Forget. Green algae is one of the easier growths to remove. Be sure to clean up algae from decks and walkways; it tends to be slippery and can be a hazard to anyone who might walk on it.
- Mold and Mildew on Decks: Decks suffering from mold and mildew usually require the simple directions listed above. If you have a bad case of mold or mildew on your wood deck you might need to do a little agitating with a brush during application to move along the cleaning process. In one month you can re-evaluate the progress and apply one more application if you aren’t seeing much change. But remember Wet & Forget Outdoor does take time to work!
- Lichen on Decks: If you happen to have a wood deck with lichen growing on it, no worries, Wet & Forget can help you clean-up this complex growth. Since lichen is two growths combined we’ll need to add one extra step. Apply your first application of Wet & Forget Outdoor as directed above, and then let it sit for 15 minutes, making sure the growth doesn’t dry. Then apply a second application. Basically, the first application softens the outer shell of the growth so the second application can reach the inner layer of the growth.
Additional Tips for Cleaning a Wood Deck with Wet & Forget Outdoor:
- When should you apply Wet & Forget Outdoor to a wood deck? Apply on a day that will see temperatures above 32 degrees during the required 3-5 hours drying time. Make sure you aren’t expecting any rain during that same drying period.
- Maintenance Applications: Once your wood deck has been properly cleaned with Wet & Forget Outdoor you can now just do simple annual maintenance applications each fall. If you live in an area that tends to be hot and humid you may need maintenance applications more often. We suggest applying Wet & Forget at the first sign of re-growth. Regions like the Midwest can sometimes go 3 years without needing another maintenance application.
Wet & Forget Outdoor is the perfect solution for cleaning up wood decks during the fall season. Just spray once, and forget about it! Wet & Forget Outdoor is also ideal for battling mold and mildew prone composite decks or any other outdoor surface contaminated with moss, algae, mold and mildew.