Now that you’ve chosen just the right deck for you and your family, you’re ready to enjoy many years of backyard barbecues and family get-togethers.
But that enjoyment can be cut short if your deck suffers from algae, lichen, moss, mold or mildew. All of these stains are ugly, and some can cause even more problems: Algae creates a slippery surface that can lead to falls, and moss can damage the surface of your deck. All of these problems can keep you indoors instead of outside enjoying the fresh air on your deck.
Wet & Forget is a safe, easy and effective way to get rid of deck-spoiling moss, algae, mold, mildew and lichen, and prevent it from coming back.For more deck cleaning and care information check out this article on Decking Cleaning Tips & Tricks.
- Pick a day when your deck will have at least 4 to 5 hours to dry before any chance of rain.
- Mix a solution of 1 part Wet & Forget to 5 parts water.
- If you have plants nearby that may get sprayed, cover them with plastic or wet them down with water.
- Using a garden sprayer, thoroughly saturate the affected area with Wet & Forget. Keep pets off of the deck until the Wet & Forget has dried.
- Let Wet & Forget do the work for you!
For lichen, saturate the area, wait 15 minutes, then saturate a second time. Don’t allow the surface to dry completely between saturations. Lichen is a complex, multi-layered growth, and saturating the area twice allows Wet & Forget to penetrate all of the layers.
At the first sign of recurrence, treat the area with Wet & Forget again. This will prevent the growth from gaining a foothold and taking control of your outdoor space.