This weeks drinks and eats are for those who are working from a budget but don’t want their taste buds to pay the price. These quick hamburger and fruity drink recipes are a great summer eats!
- DRINK OF THE WEEK
Requires: pineapple, pineapple juice, vanilla ice cream, coconut rum, dark rum, orange juice, cream, ice
If you’re looking for a sweet, yet refreshing drink this summer than a Pina Colada will hit the spot.
Step 1: In a blender mix 3 oz. pineapple juice, 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream, 1 oz. coconut rum, 1 oz. dark rum, 2 oz. of orange juice, 1 oz. of heavy cream, 4-5 ice cubes.
Step 2: Mix well and serve immediately in a tall glass garnished with a pineapple slice on the side.
-Courtesy of Diana B.
- FROM THE GRILL
Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
If bacon wrapped filet mignon doesn’t fit into the budget this summer here’s the next best thing!
Requires: cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, onion, egg, ketchup, worcesterhsire sause, salt, pepper, 1 lb. ground beef or turkey, bacon or turkey bacon, hamburger buns
- Mix 1/2 c. up shredded Cheddar cheese with 2 Tbs. of Parmesan cheese, 1/2 small purple onion, 1 Tbs. ketchup, 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Slowly mix the ingredients from Step 1 with your 1 lb. of ground beef. Or ground turkey for those looking for a healthier option.
- Form 6 thick hamburger patties from the ground beef or turkey.
- Wrap the edges of the patties with either bacon or turkey bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place patties on the grill and cook on each side for 5-7 min.
- Remove from grill and be sure to remove toothpicks from patties.
- Place on hamburger buns and serve with desired condiments.
Photo courtesy of BurgerPorn