The weather is finally warming up, and nature is celebrating with a beautiful explosion of green. One type of green that isn’t so beautiful, though, is the moss growing on your roof, driveway, deck or exterior walls.
Moss spreads quickly and can take over entire areas if left unchecked, ruining your property’s appearance and even causing damage. Bleaching and pressure washing are a hassle, and can sometimes do more harm than good.
Wet & Forget Outdoor wipes out moss with no bleaching, scrubbing or pressure washing needed. Just spray and leave! Read on to learn more.
The Problem: Ugly, Damaging Moss
Moss is a green, carpet-like simple plant that can grow almost anywhere where there is moisture and a little sunlight (see photo above). Moss uses root-like structures to attach itself to surfaces such as your roof, deck or pavers, and stubbornly holds on.
These root-like structures can cause permanent pitting on many surfaces, and can cause asphalt shingles to shed their protective granules. Moss also likes to grow in cracks and crevices, causing the cracks to widen as it grows and lifting shingles free from your roof, causing your driveway or sidewalk to crumble, and leading to the disintegration of your deck or patio.
Don’t wait for the damage to happen! Stop moss now and protect your property.
The Solution: Wet & Forget Outdoor
If you’ve tried to use bleach, pressure washing or scraping to remove moss, you’ve learned just how stubborn the problem is. Scraping is exhausting and can damage the surface you’re trying to clean.
Pressure washing is a hassle, and the force of the water can wear away at surfaces such as your deck’s finish or your driveway’s seal, can force water into spaces where it doesn’t belong and lead to mold growth, and can tear loose siding or downspouts with one false move.
Bleaching requires scrubbing, and runoff from bleach can corrode your downspouts or kill your lawn. Bleach’s caustic nature means that it can also damage some surfaces and speed up wear and tear on others.
To top it all off, none of these methods does anything to stop moss from growing back, which means that moss can start to re-grow right away.
Break out of this frustrating cycle! Wet & Forget Outdoor is the hassle-free way to kill moss on roofs, driveways, pavers, and other outdoor surfaces. Just spray and leave!
Wet & Forget Outdoor works with the wind and rain to kill moss and cause its root-like structures to release their grip. Wet & Forget’s gentle, non-caustic formula is safe to use on all your outdoor surfaces, and the runoff won’t kill your lawn or corrode your downspouts.
Better yet, Wet & Forget keeps right on working even after the moss is gone, preventing re-growth for a year or more in most cases. With Wet & Forget Outdoor, the time you spend out on your deck will be for sipping lemonade, not battling moss.
How to Get Rid of Moss with Wet & Forget Outdoor
Removing moss is a breeze with Wet & Forget Outdoor. Simply:
- Apply Wet & Forget Hose End to your roof with moss by connecting the product to your hose. Then attach the Jet Setting tip to the sprayer and turn the dial to “ON”. To apply to driveways or decking with moss, simply use the Flat Fan tip instead of the Jet Setting tip. Apply the Wet & Forget Concentrate to sidewalks by first mixing 1 part Wet & Forget Outdoor with 5 parts water in a pump-up garden sprayer.
- Spray the affected area with the diluted Wet & Forget solution. Be sure to soak the moss thoroughly, to allow the solution to reach the moss’s root-like structures.
- Walk away, and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! The moss will turn brown and die, and release its grip.
- Gently brush the dead moss away, or allow the wind and rain to wash it away.
- Re-treat once a year, or at the first sign of re-growth.
Defeat moss with Wet & Forget Outdoor, and have a wonderful spring!
Photo courtesy of Andrew Fogg.