Defeat Basement Mold and Mildew NOW with Wet & Forget Indoor!

Defeat Basement Mold and Mildew NOW with Wet & Forget Indoor!

You’ve seen the signs: that fuzzy or slimy stuff that pops up everywhere. It’s on your basement walls, floor, ceiling, or even on furniture or other things you store down there. It could be black, white or gray, but it’s definitely disgusting. Worse yet, the musty odor makes you want to avoid your basement altogether. At worst, it could even seep into the rooms up above. Mold and mildew exposure could leave you sniffing and sneezing, or even make you ill. Don’t let mold and mildew spoil your basement or put your family at risk! Read on to see how to wipe out mold and mildew, including black mold, with Wet & Forget Indoor Mold & Mildew Disinfectant Cleaner. Put a stop to it today!

What Causes a Moldy Basement?

A moldy basement is a wet basement. What we call “mold” or “mildew” is actually the growth of fungus; there is no difference between mold and mildew. Indoor fungus, such as aspergillus niger, or “black mold,” sends spores into the air in your home. When those spores land on a damp surface, such as your basement wall, they grow into that disgusting, musty-smelling growth we call “mold” or “mildew”. The fungus then produces more spores, which spread the problem.

While you can never completely eliminate all spores from your home, too many spores in the air can lead to health problems. These range anywhere from coughing and wheezing, to worsening of asthma symptoms or respiratory infections. Mold and mildew can also digest the material it lives on, destroying your property.

Wet & Forget Indoor Mold & Mildew Disinfectant Cleaner Wipes out Basement Mold or Mildew

If your basement has that musty smell, the chances are good that there’s mold and mildew around somewhere. If it’s not in plain sight, check behind and under things. Also, don’t forget to check above your head for the problem. Mildew tends to grow in patches, and will continue to spread until you remove it.

If your basement has mold or mildew, you need to take action before the problem gets worse. If the mold or mildew growth is on “soft” things such as carpeting or cardboard, you will probably have to throw them out. For mold or mildew on hard, non-porous surfaces, Wet & Forget Indoor Mold & Mildew Disinfectant Cleaner is the answer. Wet & Forget Indoor cleans, deodorizes, disinfects, and kills mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria. While bleach causes immediate damage to many surfaces and accelerates the breakdown of many others, Wet & Forget Indoor is safe to use on hard, non-porous surfaces in your basement such as the walls, ceiling, floor, metal, and finished wood. Wet & Forget not only kills and cleans mold and mildew; it also inhibits re-growth. And, unlike with bleach, there’s no diluting, scrubbing or rinsing needed.* Just spray and walk away, and let Wet & Forget Indoor do all the work for you! It couldn’t be simpler.

To apply: Just hold the sprayer 6 to 8 inches from the affected surface and spray Wet & Forget Indoor until the surface is thoroughly wet. Wait 10 minutes and wipe dry with a clean cloth, sponge, or mop, or simply allow the surface to air-dry. You can also apply Wet & Forget Indoor with a sponge or mop, or by immersion.

Next Step: Prevention

Now that Wet & Forget Indoor has wiped out your moldy basement problem, the key is to prevent the problem from re-surfacing. Because a moldy basement is a wet basement, the best way to prevent a moldy basement is to keep your basement dry by doing things such as sealing your basement walls and taking good care of your home’s gutters and downspouts. It’s also best not to install carpeting in areas that are prone to dampness, such as basements, bathrooms and laundry rooms. If you still struggle with dampness in your basement, a portable de-humidifier may help dry the air out. The EPA recommends keeping your home’s humidity between 30 and 60 percent to prevent mold growth.

Click here for essential information about indoor mold and tips for preventing mold or mildew growth. Click here for more easy solutions to everyday problems.

*Rinse all surfaces that come in contact with food such as countertops, appliances, tables and stovetops with potable water before reuse. Do not use on utensils, glassware or dishes.

http://www.wetandforget.com/store-finder-wet-and-forget.html

2 comments:

  1. paul h.

    For Boat cushions made of thick vinyl? Safe to use? Also, inside a travel trailer where water damage has occured.

    Reply
    1. Wet And Forget

      Hi Paul,

      For both your boat seats and your trailer, you would want to use Wet & Forget Indoor. It’s a spray and wipe formula, so spray the surface with a heavy application and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Then just wipe clean. Let us know if you have any other questions.

      Reply