We’re into the second week of the Wet & Forget Great Backyard Giveaway good luck to all who’ve had a chance to enter.
We have some fun backyard recipes to share with you for the Memorial Day weekend! Stay safe and enjoy the holiday with family and friends.
DRINK OF THE WEEK
Requires: Lemons, Lemonade, Sweet Tea, Vodka
We all love that favorite summertime drink, the Arnold Palmer. Now you can make a summer drink for the rowdy golfer in you! Try a Jon Daily. Mix lemonade with your favorite sweet tea vodka and sit back and relax with neighbors and friends!
- Fill a tall glass up to about 2/3 with lemonade.
- Add 2 shots (3 oz.) of sweet tea vodka (Lisa prefers Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka).
- Garnish with a fresh lemon and mint.
-Courtesy of Lisa S.
FROM THE GRILL
Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
Requires: cedar plank, salmon, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, olive oil, wine.
- Soak your cedar planks in your favorite wine for 2 hours.
- Wash 2-4 salmon fillets and put them on a plate skin down.
- Squeeze a fresh lemon over the fillets, then rub them with olive oil.
- Add lemon pepper seasoning, salt and pepper to your preference.
- Let sit for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Start the grill and place on medium heat. Set cedar planks on the grill for 5 minutes prior to adding the salmon.
- Put the fillets on the planks skin down for 25 minutes. Salmon is done when the inside is light pink and flaky.
Serve with a nice salad and rice.
-Courtesy of Tom B.
Do you have any favorite recipes you’d like to share with us during the Great Backyard Giveaway? You can post them to our Facebook page or send them to email@example.com and we’ll post them for you!
(Photo courtesy of Arria Belli)