Something you may not know about Wet & Forget, the ultimate outdoor moss, mold, mildew and algae cleaner, is that it’s non-caustic and non-corrosive due to its neutral pH of 8. In this way, Wet & Forget does its job while being gentle on the surrounding environment.
But there’s another way Wet & Forget contributes to a healthier planet, and that’s through water conservation.
How To Save Water
Wet & Forget significantly reduces water consumption compared to traditional methods of moss, mold, mildew and algae stain removal.
For example, let’s discuss a 500 square foot concrete surface. The maximum amount of water that will be used to clean this surface with Wet & Forget will be 2 gallons.
Now, there are two other options available to clean that surface: power washing and apply/remove applications. Let’s examine each of these in detail.
- Power washing: If a power washer is used on our 500 square foot surface at a rate of 2.4 gallons/minute, to correctly clean the concrete area will take approximately 45 minutes to an hour. The amount of water used will be somewhere between 108 and 144 gallons.
- The Verdict: Using Wet & Forget to clean our surface instead of power washing will save well over 100 gallons of water.
- Apply/Remove applications: In an apply/remove application, there are several steps:
- Prepare the surface by hosing down
- Apply chemical mixture-typically with a hose end sprayer
- Let the chemical mixture sit for a period of time
- Thoroughly rinse the surface
- Thoroughly saturate around treated area to dilute chemical mixture
- The Verdict: Difficult to quantify the exact water usage because of the number of steps involved. However, water usage will be far greater than two gallons.
To see more reasons why Wet & Forget is the best outdoor stain remover for you, check out wetandforget.com. And to pick up Wet & Forget to apply to your surfaces, be sure to visit our store locator.
Photo Courtesy of Gregory Moine